SAT-NAV? How Important?

Discussion in 'Technology, Gaming & Phones' started by Moss, Tuesday 28th Aug, 2018.

1. Moss Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Wanted my next car to have A Sat-Nav built in; although I've found a really nice CR-V without a Sat-Nav. How important to you guy's is a built in satnav in a modern 1, or 2, year old vehicle?

2. Chrispike Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Most don't rave about them, as they go out of date so quickly and cost a fortune to update. But i've found mine invaluable in my Civic.

Even at 2006, most roads I use are on there. Its great for rerouting and I often find myself mentally picking out a reroute on there (33 years of computer games helping there)

I'd get one if I could! If that was not an option, the ability to fit a decent double din system with sat nav while retaining controls and it looking nice would be my next consideration

3. Sandy52 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Sandy NORWICH
    Builtin satnav is good, but most are not great and Honda's is not the best. A new media unit with Apply and Android Car play is a good way to go. The Maps on smartphones are updated a lot quicker than car sat navs. Pick the car you like, the satnav is a fix for later.

4. FUGMASTER Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

England ALAN HASLEMERE
    My preference is always 'Built in' ; no fiddling with attaching your phone or Tom-Tom to the dash, just switch on and go! I've an '09 Accord Tourer, and have to disagree , as the Nav's very good and nicely positioned on the dash, and I really like the 'split-screen' mode, but of course it'll never be up to date as your phone. Hey, Ho , but as with all things, this is always going to be a personal choice, just like the cars we drive.

5. Pottermus Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I wouldn't buy a car without built in sat-nav. Mostly down to the fact that I don't like not having the big screen in the dashboard.

It makes me laugh on the motorway watching how many 320D's have a Tom Tom stuck to the window.

6. FUGMASTER Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

England ALAN HASLEMERE
    Agree with you 100%, Pottermus, those BMW drivers are a laugh! Bet they don't have the Left/Right Turn indicator option, either (well, not that I've seen many in use, if they do!!!?!)