General Service

Discussion in '4th Generation (2013-2017)' started by Shugster, Sunday 27th May, 2018.

1. Shugster Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Shugster Glasgow
    Hi troops can anyone advise please, had my car in for a service recently should they have checked the handbrake and adjusted it if needed? I have to pull it up quite high before it holds on a hill. Service done at dealers on a very busy day and think it may have been missed, car is on 5 year service plan, cheers.

2. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Normally checked/adjusted at years 1, 2, 4, 6,.

(See item 4 on PDF below)

Attached Files:

3. Shugster Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks Nels will give them a call see what they say, according to the paperwork it has been done but just too much travel on the handbrake seems like it's not been done.

4. Shugster Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Car booked in next week, spoke to the service people who explained Honda's are a bit different in how the handbrake works you need to put your foot on the brake pedal first then apply the handbrake?? Really

5. Shugster Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Looks like I was right the handbrake did need adjusted much better now, but don't think I will be going back there for the next service as the car had been turned up side down, suspect they were looking for the locknut for the wheels? I had already told the person I gave my keys to that it was in the net pocket on the left when you open the boot, they then left them lying on the passenger seat when I picked it up but did not notice the mess in the boot until I went to put it back, effin raging why can't people put stuff back where they found it, their loss good way to lose customers.

6. aussi55 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Andy Bracknell
    Hi there,

I had the same when I picked my car up after purchase. Dealer told me it should be OK on the phone as they had just done the MOT but I pushed and got them to look at it. Turns out it did need adjusting and is now much better. Makes me wonder how well some Honda dealers check such things, I would have thought it was pretty obvious.

7. Shugster Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yeah well I did give them a 2nd chance Aussie55 when I had it in for the service it was like I was invisible as they were really taking care of there regular customers with the usual cup of tea coffee etc not even offered a drink of water, then they miss out the handbrake adjustment but hey ho, they won't get another chance

8. Shugster Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi guys do we still have a bug in the link for loading photos in the garage club?

9. Sandy52 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Sandy NORWICH
    Took me four attempts to get through to my local Honda dealer to book a service. The service dept just does not answer the phone.
    I think they are trying to tell people to go somewhere else. I am now looking for an alternative.

10. Nels Moderator Staff Team

They do load and are visible if you click on them. However, they do not display correctly as thumbnails.