Engine & Gearbox shifting from the 1st gear issue

Discussion in '7th Generation (2001-2005)' started by thenewest, Thursday 18th May, 2017.

1. thenewest Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Tomas Banbury
    Hi guys,

im back with new fancy issue. I've been looking around the world wide web to find similar thread but havent succeded. (maybe my poor english is the reason)

in any case, found just shifting INTO the first gear issues but my problem is to pull it OUT (thats what she said)..this doesnt happen all the time. mostly when im driving for a while (like 30+minutes) and then im parking the car somewhere like a woman and lining myself up to the proper position. again. doesnt happen all the time but it does. you all know, it shouldnt.

also, i know exactly when its about to happen. when about to shift into the reverse gear after stopping while being in the first gear and holding the clutch pedal down standing still, the car kinda, chokes for a second and the idles drop for that second almost to zero and back up to 700.

thats the exact moment when i have to use some force to get it out from there.

oh btw, never happened when moving out and shiffting normaly to get my a** somewhere
    tranny oil changed like, month and a half ago

linkage? disc? clutch somehow discalibrated ?(if thats a word)

i hope i have explained in at least a bit understandable fashion.

pls. anyone ever experienced anything like this?

Thank you,
    Kind regards
    Your Honda Amateur
    - - - Updated - - -
    havent figured out how to edit the post, so i do apologise for being "sexist". rude me. shame. :/

2. Nels Moderator Staff Team

@thenewest I've moved this thread to a better place.

andy83 likes this.
  3. thenewest Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

thanks. still kinda lost :Grin:

4. 1066Boy Premium Member Club Supporter

Clutch adjustment possibly? I don't know Hondas well enough but on my 4x4 when using it hard off road,
    the clutch gets hot and getting out of 1st or reverse becomes notchy. When cold it shifts fine its only
    after some hard use it starts hanging in gears as if the clutch doesn't fully engage/disengage.
    Adjusting the clutch cable has helped with this 90% of the time but it still dose it after a bit of abuse. :Smile:

5. thenewest Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

its working fine while driving. it happens only when im standing still. after the long drive..

got it checked y-day. mechanic took it for a drive and told me that the bearing is probably gonna go. when accelerating, the gearbox makes continues scratching sound. and the best option for me is to keep on driving until it dies. and then buy a new gearbox and clutch (he said clutch works fine) 600 quid he said, I've paid 400 for the car. i might kill myself now...-.-

6. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Might be worth just changing the fluid in the clutch line. That may help with the issue you described initially.

7. thenewest Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

did that last week :/ no change. need to re-bleed the brake fluid tho. cause my previous mechanic did it by himself and you have idea how that worked..