Sourcing distributor cap for b16a2?

Discussion in 'Honda B-Series' started by Beats, Monday 26th Feb, 2018.

1. Beats Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Wales Ciran Gri Llanelli
    My first time posting on here, am hoping to get some advice off someone with more knowledge than myself. I have tried without luck to source a distributor cap for my 2000 EK4 VTi with a b16a2. The rotor arm fitted but have tried a few different caps and all are too small(holes don't line up) The contacts are very worn on the old one, and I believe this is causing the car to run badly. The caps I ordered were for a b16a2(96- 00), however they don't fit my car. Does this mean mine has been modified? Any help on how to source this distributor would be appreciated. Can add photos when I'm home from work later of that helps. Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

2. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Hello and welcome @Beats.
    It's customary for new members to Introduce Yourself before starting threads. Please do this as it does make things run smoother.

With regard to the rotor cap, I'm sure someone will be along soon to help.
    If you've got any pictures of the cap, please post them up.

3. Beats Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Wales Ciran Gri Llanelli
    My apologies, I didn't realise. Have introduced myself now, how do I add my car also? Thank you

Nels likes this.
  4. Nels Moderator Staff Team

NP

Have a look through this link for new members

5. jd1959 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Ireland Zack Kilkenny
    I had a Civic d16(something) that somewhere in the past the distributor was changed from the original to anther scrap yard one that worked but a slightly different cap layout . To get a new cap I had to bring the old one in and match it up in the motor factors to get the correct one. Possibly that has happened to yours.

andy83 likes this.
  6. Beats Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Wales Ciran Gri Llanelli
    @jd1959 I had someone else suggest that, and have figured out it may well be the case. Will remove it and see if any places can find a match. Much appreciated, thank you.

7. andy83 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom andy shropshire
    mate there might be other b-series distributor caps that might fit..