Tyres & Wheels Suggestions for tyres

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by eternal422, Monday 12th Mar, 2012.

1. eternal422 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Has anyone any suggestions on what tyres to go for on the 7th Generation? I'm looking for good wear but also a comfortable ride and good grip. Probably not possible to get all three as I guess tyres are always a compromise. Don't need to change just yet, but would like to know what to go for when I do need to change.

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    In the review section you have two tyre reviews , did you have a budget for the tyres.

3. Racy Jace Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Jason Dudley, UK
    I've just put some 225/50/17 Goodyear efficient grip performance tyres on the front of my 8th Generation. Compared to the BF Goodrich I had on the front they are soooo much smoother to drive on. It's like the rough roads have been re tarmced.

I mainly drove using the Hankook k115 on the front which is a very quiet tyre indeed. I then rotated the tyres with the BF Goodrich. And Immediately I noticed they were noisier. I'm waiting for some rain to test the Goodyears grip but at under £110 a tyre these are my new favourite tyre.

4. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard T Milton Keynes
    The efficient grips are good - I used to regularly push them to their limits, which are really quite high. I would compare them almost equal to the Bridgestone Turanza's T001 but a bit quieter and a bit stickier. They do pick up punctures quite easily though.

The F1's are my new favourite tyre by a long way, I drive on them regularly very hard indeed, and they have never ever failed, give loads of feedback and completely predictable. Ended up putting them on my Accord which I potter around in and I havent looked back.

BTW @Racy Jace , you do know this is a 3 year old thread :Whistle::Laughing:

5. GSD2013 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

6. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Chester Northumberland
    I've just popped in to dust the thread down with it being so old :cleaning:

Nighthawk likes this.
  7. Racy Jace Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Jason Dudley, UK
    Lol. Having a 19 month old has made time fly a little too quick.:multitask:

I did a quick search to be honest and had no idea where to stick my comments. This seemed as good a place as any.:Wink:

Wet grip on the Efficient Grip Performance is pretty good. So much so that I now need to change my rears! This is the last thing I needed as I'm having a garage converted to a play room. I really need to rob a bank:SOS:

Nighthawk likes this.
  8. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard T Milton Keynes
    Tell me about it, my eldest was only born last month, I would swear to it. He starts high school next year - its scary

Racy Jace likes this.