General The Dashcam Thread

Discussion in 'Lounge & Gossip' started by ArcticFire, Saturday 28th Sep, 2013.

1. Harvey Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

That was stup is close for the van driver and good reactions on you for anticipating what the lorry and van where gonna do. Though if it where me, I am sure the air in the car would be blue with the amount of swearing taking place and both drivers ears would be burning.

Princepugh likes this.
  2. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    This is London!
    @PanayiotisPal what do you reckon how my FWD Jazz did with no lifting springs and all season tyres ;P

exec, PanayiotisPal and boki_cu2 like this.
  3. boki_cu2 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Australia Sydney
    Lol where is that? How bad is that roadddd.

4. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

Haha I know right. This is right in the middle of a densely populated area in London. I was shocked to come across this thinking how can this exist!! All the cars were splashed on with mud which is probably why you see hat van covered with car cover. It was shocking! Reminded me of roads in South Asia

PanayiotisPal likes this.
  5. boki_cu2 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Australia Sydney
    Im speechless that is 4x4 teritory. I tought our roads were bad heheh in that case i drive on germanys autobahn. Yeah remind me of youtube clips 4wding in russia Siberia lol

6. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Wow that's a long road as well ! Never seen such road in the middle of London LOL

7. PanayiotisPal Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Cyprus Panos Nicosia
    Where is the FWD diagonal test???

Need to know your cam model and brand. What light tech are you using??

8. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

Haha I'll go back there and do that test for you. One day!

Dashcam: G1W (~£30)
    Headlights: Osram Cool Blue Intense (~£10)

Really pleased with the headlights to be honest. Made a massive difference to old candles I had. I feel new bulbs always burn brighter than similar but older bulbs

9. PanayiotisPal Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Cyprus Panos Nicosia
    Nice :Smile: They look really bright. Glad you caught my joke. LOL
    I have to get that Dashcam. Perfect.

legend-ary likes this.
  10. 1066Boy Premium Member Club Supporter

I could use that road for testing my 4x4 competition car! :Grin::Grin::Devil:

11. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    That road must be private for it to be in such a state, i've come across some poor roads in London, but that is taking the biscuit! :bigeyed:

12. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

Look at this mad man..

MickyB likes this.
  13. MickyB Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Only just seen this, you have video footage which includes date time etc. The bus company should have planned routes etc so given the footage they should be able to establish who was driving the bus.
    Oh and your wife was correct he is a ... moron.
    - - - Updated - - -
    I love the sat nav when it says "at the end of the road turn left"??? What road?
    Have they not got round to laying the roads yet?
    - - - Updated - - -
    Did I see your hand come off the steering wheel @legend-ary. I hope you were using the correct hand signals. IMG_1951.JPG

legend-ary likes this.
  14. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    There's plenty of these muppets like this Avensis driver around @legend-ary, come across them every now and then myself.

I need to get some dash cams for LoCo and the Edix. Just the other day could have caught some footage of some New Age Travellers causing total grid lock. One of their drivers seemed to a be 13 or 14 year old girl !!

Any recommendations for dashcams ?

15. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

I have the simplest and possibly the most reliable one G1W. Bought it second hand off @exec and have been using it for over a year without any issues *touch wood*. Night or day it's recording capabilities are quite good if not the best

exec and SpeedyGee like this.
  16. RogerH69 Premium Member Club Supporter

South Africa Roger Oxford, UK
    If you want front and rear cameras, and don't necessarily want the best video / audio quality (though if you look at my dashcam videos, quality ain't that bad, really) then I would recommend the K1S (usually song by Koonlung, but other people sell them as well). Yes, compared to a single dashcam, the K1S seems pricey, but compared to a dual dashcam setup which is VERY subtle and can be made to look 'stock' if installed with care, pricing is very good. I've been using mine for ages now, and ONLY issue I have is memory card sometimes gets 'fragmented' when it is full, which is resolved with a simple deletion of the videos on the card (assuming you don't want / need them) which can be done on the unit itself.

MickyB, SpeedyGee and legend-ary like this.
  17. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    The G1W has very good quality video for the pricepoint, they are just a bit clunky look, if you want something really small and discreet then Mobius is the way to go. I use one, my first one stopped functioning properly after a year though, I don't know if that was from me dropping it a few times on concrete and constantly plugging or unpluging. But the camera is moddable which is good for custom setups.

honda_saj and SpeedyGee like this.
  18. 1066Boy Premium Member Club Supporter

You think your roads are bad. Today in Crowborough. :taunt:

Harvey, legend-ary, honda_saj and 2 others like this.
  19. FirstHonda Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Ed Wiltshire
    I know we're in 'austerity' but you'd think they could make the M3 a bit better than that...:lol:

20. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

What roads? Looks like a goat path to me.
    But that is incredible. Your little Suzuki just keeps on going doesnt it :Grin: