The EG Weight Saving Guide

Discussion in 'Track Talk' started by Civic92, Saturday 4th Feb, 2012.

1. Andrew Wood Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

2. Civic92 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

3. Mr Scott Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

^^ are you making anymore of these ?  :Grin:   i've got a spare headlight i was going to do the ame to but my skillz are lacking I was going to gut the insides and usng chicken mess and fiberglass :blush:

4. Civic92 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I should think so.  I'm already planning a V2 so it's a bit lighter and with a slightly bigger intake.

5. Mr Scott Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

good man if you want I could send you my spare headlight, if you could make it the biggest you can that'll great :thumbs:

6. longchris Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

sounds good mate can you post a pic when you are done as i am after ideas 

7. Civic92 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I think the biggest possible would be a 100mm circular. I could go the route of pretty much just using the backing as a giant scoop but I think keeping the lens shape helps with aerodynamics.

8. EJ9 Dan Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Umm [​IMG] not to bad 

9. Site Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

haha its not that bad...im tempted to do do a ghetto home DIY fiberglass anyway...im not fussed by the looks a such...be fun to try out!

10. Afy Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

i want a head light scoop ASAP. get them made lol

11. Mr Scott Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Back of the que mate :tongue:   :laugh:

12. Civic92 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I'll try and finish that first one this week then :Wink:

13. Sonic-jdm Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I have the drawings drawn out on AUTOCAD that I've done myself. 

£265 delivered i paid but you got to form the rear window yourself.

thats including window openning but not the slider kits (slider kits from deemontweeks)

I've done all 5 windows myself and painted the black edge (OEM look) and just rivited them on......Simples

giving away my secrets!

14. Mr Scott Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

how much would you charge for just the sides ?

15. Sonic-jdm Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

16. Mr Scott Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

17. Afy Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

i used these guys, the for my windows, the front are not curved and its supposed to sit inside the rubber seals and be riverted at the bottom,

but because the windows not got the curve in it, the window pops out of the seal.

So i resorted to tiger sealing the :tut: in.

18. Mr Scott Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

that'll do for the price tiger seal or i'll use no more nails i don't mind :laugh:

19. Sonic-jdm Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

If you need any tips on cutting the doors out just drop me a PM and il send you some pictures of mine.

(if your removing the inner impact bars aswell) Make sure you cut the corners with a curve, don't do straight 90 degree cuts as the door losses its support strenght and drop every time you open them. (look crap)

20. Afy Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Sonic your pics were my inspiration.

Mine are not as neat as yours but I went a bit crazy.