Top Gear Japanese Cars.

Discussion in 'Film & Television' started by super sonic, Monday 12th Mar, 2018.

1. super sonic Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

England Supersoni Eastbourne
    Who saw top gear last night (11 march '18) new car, some new Lexus and a load of kaido and boso. One of the presenters got to drive a mental kaido 280zx.
    - - - Updated - - -
    Sorry I meant "new C.T.R." darn spellchecker :-(

2. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Yes I saw it as it was about 'Japanese cars'.
    They actually said something positive about a Honda!

Bones126 likes this.
  3. 1066Boy Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I loved that Skyline that he bought at the auction. :Smile:

4. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Yes, but what a pair of muppets. Could they not see that strapping the two together was dumb?

1066Boy and super sonic like this.
  5. Bones126 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

England Dave Birmingham
    Was actually a good show for a change, loved the Civic and the Lexus part, the Lexus being an animal and the Civic being in control was great to watch. That auction looked mad though, couldn't cope with that :Tongue:

6. FirstHonda Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Ed Wiltshire
    First episode of Top Gear I've enjoyed in ages. They're right about the latest Civic's looks too - it is a horrible thing to behold IMHO. Very nice and all that, but I need a car that I like to look at as well as drive - as do many others...

Bones126 and 1066Boy like this.
  7. 1066Boy Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I think things peaked with the 8gen. I have not really liked anything since. :Frown:

Bones126 likes this.
  8. super sonic Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

England Supersoni Eastbourne
    Agree!
    It's certainly no oil painting (unless you like Picasso) but I guess that's the current 'fussy details' look. Sure does make the old gen 6 ,look pretty tho

9. tomwillie Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England Tom Royston
    I thought Type-R FK2 was over the top when it first came out but got used to it & eventually had one for eight months. I then PX'd it for current Civic 1.5 Turbo Prestige which again I've grown to like as it is not a plain box shape like equivalent Golf, Kia, Hyundai etc, models. However, I actually prefer shape of FK2 Type-R to current FK8 version. Current Civic is one of best selling cars in USA, as is CR-V, need American marketing in Europe, then I'm sure Honda sales would increase. Americans would appear to value reliability which is why German cars do not as well as Honda in US.

Accord_N22 and FirstHonda like this.