General Top mounted LCD panel and radio dead

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by rinesh, Wednesday 6th Jun, 2018.

1. rinesh Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Guys,
    Yesterday while driving, it occured to me that my radio and top mounted LCD screen stopped working. (Accord 2003 - Premium Audio with Sat Nav)
    Center screen is working, so navigation part is still working.
    Where am I suppose to look first?
    Anyone else who had the same problem?

2. LostBoke Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Phil Pill
    Hi, I'm only a novice on this, but I think the fist place to look would be the fuses. I'm quite sure an expert will be along soon to help.

andy83 likes this.
  3. Harvey Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

@rinesh have you managed to be able to check the fuses or display at all?

The best way to access it is to remove the panel it is located in. To do this you may need a hooked tool.

Hook the took in the far left or far right of the centre vents on your dashboard, and pull towards the rear of the car. The clips holding the panel should release. Once done, the other clips are located along the edges of the panel, you will now need to lift them up towards the windscreen to release them.

you should now have access to the under side of the display. I suspect it might be a blown blub that has caused the lack of display, or a bad connection.

4. rinesh Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

@Harvey : Yesterday i checked the fuse. It seemed okay, even though I replaced it. An guess what.. All started working again.
    Very happy that it was a easy fix instead of repairing things.

Harvey likes this.
  5. Harvey Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

@rinesh That is great new. Perhaps the fuse had a dirty connection and the act of removing and replacing was enough to rectify the fault