ICE & HFT Touchscreen issue

Discussion in '4th Generation (2013-2017)' started by Darren862, Thursday 8th Feb, 2018.

1. Darren862 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Darren Llanelli
    Hi, I've been having issues lately with the touchscreen. When I start the car the screen is totally unresponsive. After about 2 mins it all works perfect but the initial "I agree" (or whatever it says) button cannot be pressed for a couple of minutes. Thing is, next start it could be fine again. Sometimes not. Its like the file that runs the touchscreen sometimes loads last? Does that make sense? Anyone else experienced this?

2. Hatter Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

England Peter Rotherham
    You can't press the 'Agree' or 'OK' straight away as it gives you time to read all the info. If like me you need to reverse out of the garage or off the drive then by the time done that the screen allows you to tap the relevant button.

Darren862 likes this.
  3. Darren862 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I understsnd that but i have time to read it several times before the button becomes active. Other times it works a lot quicker. A noticable difference of a couple of minutes.

4. 155695 Premium Member Club Supporter

England Keith Essex
    I can press the initial warning screen to close it pretty much as soon as it appears. Having said that the operstion of the touch screen generally leaves much to be desired and is poor compared with all the other tech I use with touch screens. Mind you, as has been said on here many times before, Honda is certainly not at the forefront of in-car tech in any respect.

Keith

Darren862 likes this.
  5. Hatter Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

England Peter Rotherham
    Do you have many 'extra' apps installed? They take up memory and you could be running out of available memory. There is not a great deal available, less on non-sat nav models.

Darren862 likes this.
  6. 155695 Premium Member Club Supporter

England Keith Essex
    None at all. All I use are the sat nav, the HFT and very occasionally play some music from my phone. The rest of it, as much as there is, may as well not be there as far as I'm concerned.

Keith

Darren862 likes this.
  7. Darren862 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

It only started doing the longer delay this week. I have nothing different running on it from this time last week. No extra apps etc. Weather can't be a factor either as i used the car most of Wednesday and it had the longer delay but was fine this morning. This evening it was longer again. It only started doing this at the beginning of this week.

8. Hatter Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

England Peter Rotherham
    Have you checked using task manager the apps running, especially those in the background? When you tap 'agree' or 'ok' does it change colour to show you've tapped it or does it do nothing?

Darren862 likes this.
  9. Darren862 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

@Hatter It does nothing. It has the screen where you should press the button (on screen) but just stays there. You can touch anywhere on the screen and nothing happens. I can't check apps running in the background because i can't get past the initial screen. This morning, it was responsive immediately again!?

10. 155695 Premium Member Club Supporter

England Keith Essex
    That's not right. Assuming it's still under warranty, I'd take it straight back to the dealer. Don't mess around with it and give them any excuses to void the warranty.

Keith

Darren862 likes this.
  11. Hatter Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

England Peter Rotherham
    Totally agree. Dealer and push for new unit, sounds faulty.

Darren862 likes this.
  12. Darren862 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Trouble is its intermittent and my Honda dealer is 35 miles away. Im trying to video it but everytime i remember to record it, it works! Lol Once its working, its fine. Never mind, I'll catch it and then get onto Honda.
    Thanks for your inputs guys!

13. PIIRDV Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi folks
    Have same issue ... 65 plate CR-V EX ... very intermittent issue. Sometimes will not allow intial OK to be activated, sometimes certain 'key' presses don't function, or as has been happening recently, screen will suddenly jump to an action I'm not particularly interested in such as route to a street in Harrogate (PS I haven't been there for about 10 years - nor have a need to go to). I took it back once to the main dealer in 'jammed mode' - they couldn't fathom it, but upgraded to most current software. Ok for a couple of months but then heh presto off we went again! Looking at what's happening makes me think that the cold weather has a lot to do with it.
    Suggestions:
    Ensure you have the most up to date software version installed - check that on this website.
    Reset the unit ... hold down the on/off switch etc - check manual for full details - my input here is to do it twice without doing anything else with the sat-nav (effectively a double re-boot - this has helped)
    Keep the car warm as with this recent cold spell - it's playing up again!
    Good luck
    Paul

Darren862 likes this.
  14. Darren862 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

@PIIRDV Thanks for your advice. Mine hasn't had any other issues. To be honest, it hasn't happened since I put the posts up for help/advice! I haven't done anything to it and it's not doing it now even though the weather is colder. Fingers crossed its ok....

15. PIIRDV Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi Darren
    Happy to help.
    Mine has 'bouts' of playing up - fine for a weeks on end and then suddenly it'll be a cantakerous piece of IT!
    Oh well - I'll see how mine goes - maybe give the dealer another visit - it is worth following the advice of others too - especially if you might be in a warranty period.
    Good luck - let me know how you get on.
    Cheers (from by the fireside!)
    Paul

Darren862 likes this.
  16. PIIRDV Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi Darren
    Don't know if you're still having problems with sat nav, but managed to get mine changed by the dealer. Seems to be fine - so far - but I know the build is 'original' and the maps are sooooo out of date. Oh well they should put those right in due course.
    Cheers
    Paul