Turbo my ep2

Discussion in 'Project & Modification Logs' started by Ep2guy, Sunday 10th Jun, 2018.

1. Ep2guy New Member Getting Started

Ireland Harry Dix Enniscorthy
    Well lads I'm new to this forum and I have a ep2 as my daily,and as any1 who drives 1 as a daily knows they ain't all that quick so I've been looking into turboing it,I know theres loads of forums talking about this but the info is scattered across the internet so here I am id like to talk to som1 who's done this personally. I'm a apprentice mechanic by trade so ill have no problem fitting the parts once I have decided where everything is gonna go and what parts I will be using. Any advice on what make of parts would suit or any potential problems would be much appreciated

2. gbb14 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Angel Birmingham
    why bother with that engine ? you will end up paying much more than expected and having way less power than others...
    get a k20a2 and then you can start your build :Smile:
    it's like putting a turbo on the wipers motor...it just doesn't cut it :Grin:

3. Ep2guy New Member Getting Started

Ireland Harry Dix Enniscorthy
    I've read a few times that you can get it to 240 on stock internals with just updated head studs?just cus you don't see many people pulling power from the d16s

4. gbb14 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Angel Birmingham
    are you talking about the ep2 engine? impossible to gain that ammount with just some studs :Smile: sorry for being realistic, but you need a k20a2 engine there, it will be the wise solution. cheers