Detailing Turtle wax colour magic

Discussion in 'Detailing & Cleaning' started by d_kni004, Wednesday 9th Nov, 2016.

1. d_kni004 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom david Droitwich
    Almost done polishing up my 2012 9th Generation Civics bonnet. Looks like someone had taken a polishing machine to it, in the worst way possible. Looked pretty bad with lots of swirl scratches. Wish I'd taken a before photo, will put an after one on in a sec. Safe to say if you're after a colour restorer and a Polish you can't go far wrong with turtle wax colour magic, colour enhancing scratch remover and turtle wax colour magic colour enhancing Polish. Not expensive either from Halfords. Well impressed.

FirstHonda, legend-ary and DrSam like this.
  2. DrSam Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

United Kingdom Sam Birmingham
    Let us know how long the polish remains before you have to polish again and does washing the car make a difference.

3. d_kni004 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

DSC_0331.JPG DSC_0332.JPG
    - - - Updated - - -
    Now like a mirror and de scratched. Will let you know how long it lasts. Not gone for a colour specific Polish before but I think with black it's probably a wise thing.

FirstHonda and jazzway like this.
  4. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Good job, looks good :Thumbup:

Black is a fantastic colour if kept well.

Turtle Wax Polish is a fill-in Polish, it fills in the bumps and troughs in the paint to make it look smooth. You need to seal and wax it or at least do a couple of layers of wax to keep that shine otherwise the Polish will just get washed off in a few weeks.

Last edited: Wednesday 9th Nov, 2016
    jazzway likes this.
  5. d_kni004 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Cheers, what product do you recommend pre Polish?

6. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Not pre-polish, wax is a post polish step. Pre polish steps would be de-iron, clay-bar, swirl remove.

There's so many choices for wax and I'm probably not the best person to be advising on detailing but waxes could be
    Dodo Juice Purple Haze (soft wax)
    Dodo Juice Blue Velvet (hard wax)
    Natty's Black Paste Wax
    Poorboys EX
    Collinite 845

work well for a black cars. There's plenty of other really great waxes and sealers as well though.

7. d_kni004 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Great, Thankyou