Tyre limits

Discussion in 'Track Talk' started by EJ9 Dan, Saturday 4th Jul, 2015.

1. EJ9 Dan Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Hello all , got a set of part warn AO48 tires and since owning them have done about 200 miles on snetterton 300 circuit

running abit low and need to be scraped off but you reckon i can get any more use out of them ?

[​IMG]

2. civtegra Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Quick scrub off and they'll be fine for abit longer! I guess it's all down to number of heat cycles and condition I suppose

3. EJ9 Dan Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

its the second one down that's looking abit poor as snetterton likes to eat the front left tyre up  

4. civtegra Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yeh, I did think that one looked a little more tired than the others, thought it may have been down to a single tyre being over inflated or raising psi due to track layout/car geometry

5. markcivic1981 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hey Dan. You can get away with running them reversed if needs be. What were your pressures at Snetterton that evening ?

6. JDP Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I've run them down to the canvas before, and although not as good as bew the still grip well if the track isnt too hot

7. EJ9 Dan Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Hello was running 25psi front and 27psi rear pumped up when cold

8. markcivic1981 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

25 front and 27 rear cold ? That would give you mid to high 30s when hot. Front left maybe slightly higher due to the circuit. Was the second tyre from top the front left? I would guess it was due to wear on the centre. Could be getting the pressures too high on them. I run 28psi all round when hot.