Engine & Gearbox Want to go the N/A route to tune my ep3

Discussion in '7th Generation (2001-2005)' started by dominikpee, Wednesday 25th Nov, 2009.

1. dominikpee Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Whats the best parts to get if i wanna go the N/A route,Im looking for more BHP and lbs,I no its going to cost alot of money but it will be done in stages, Want should be the first thing nessesary to get me started??

2. b16a2nosturbo Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

cams,induction,exhaust always a good route with n/a tuning

3. TDi North Commercial Services Trader

AEM CAI intake

RBC intake manifold

DC sports exhaust manifold

2.5 - 3.0 inch exhaust

Hondata K-100

Around 240HP :Smile:

With a LBR exhaust and manifold combination, we would expect the power to be around 255 HP

:Wink:

4. ryanthetriad Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Or use Kpro! This setup is pretty good, see how you get on with this amount of power, if its not enough, then cams route or JRSC.

5. Performancetek Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Kpro has no great advantage that most people would notice over K100, just costs loads more.

Pound for pound, more capacity is the way to go, IMO.

6. dominikpee Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks guys great hope in the quest for more n/a power

7. MeisterR Commercial Services Trader

I'll just say I like ITB (Individual Throttle Body).

Yes, I know it isn't always a good thing, but I like the sound. :Grin:

8. Performancetek Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

ITBs can be good, but to to it right costs a lot of money compared to other routes you could take.,...which is a pity.

9. a2k00 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

and you have to cut a nice big hole in your bonnet :Frown:

10. CivicTypeReplica Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

There's no replacement for displacement :Grin:

11. Dan2020civic Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Give Paul Hughes at Buddyclub UK, there Time Attack is awesome, over 300bhp & 200lbft of torque N/A without ITB's!!

They have built a few engines for DC5 owners on ITR-DC5.com to 275bhp 189lbft torque (cams and pistons along with the normal bolt on's).

My car is going there soon (once i've saved the last little bit) for a few bits so should be about 255bhp (Modded RBC with Buddyclub T/B, Buddyclub exhaust manifold, buddyclub prototype induction kit and K-Pro.

All depends what you wanna spend and how far you wanna take it. 4K will get you a darton sleeved, forged, 2.35ltr IIRC K20 block (advertised by toxic rides on the DC5 site). With the right head work, cams and bolt ons would see some serious power. Or just get a K24 block, I think that can be taken to a 2.6ltr!!

Where do you stop..........depends on your budget!!!

12. civicdave Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

stroker kit ftw!

13. TDi North Commercial Services Trader

A propperly set up intake manifold will make more power than ITB's

We are currently working on some engine packages that will completley blow you away.

I don't think anybody has acheived much over 300HP in the UK yet, the drag engine packages we will be supplying will be making close to 400HP :O

14. CivicTypeReplica Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

...at 16,000 RPM?!?!?!?! :Grin:

15. a2k00 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

basic breathing mods, then bolt on a K24 bottom end, RBC manifold, Remap KPRO, Jobs a gooden :Smile:

16. ryanthetriad Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

How much are those K24 bottom ends these days?

17. Performancetek Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

depends really...getting just a bottom end isnt easy, as breakers arent daft and know no one will want the head alone, therefore won't split them. You could get lucky and get one for under a grand, but anyone who knows how rare they are will want in the region of 1300 for a bare k24 engine.

18. TDi North Commercial Services Trader

Closer to 10.5k - 11k RPM

Anyone else played with the K24a2? they have pretty good heads :Wink:

EDIT, K24 short or tall blocks can be sourced through us, from the US. They usually go for around 1100, depending on exchange rates etc.

19. Performancetek Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

K24a2 is the same as the UK K24a3 internally.

20. Relentless Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Can someone post a list of K24 engine codes UKDM and USDM please?

Is the facelift ATS a different engine code? Think it only has revised breathing from the factory, intake and cat I think?