What laptimer app you use?

Discussion in 'Track Talk' started by Supercharged5, Friday 27th Mar, 2015.

1. Supercharged5 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi everyone,

I need a bit of advise/review on laptimer applications. Which is good? Which has the best features? Are these even up to the job? I am iphone user by the way.

I hope I posted this in the right section this time.

Thanks!

2. Dunham Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I haven't used it myself, but have heard from friends that trackaddict is quite a good one. Has most UK tracks and sounds easy to use.

3. toudou juku Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I use Racechrono on Android for the logging on track.

For accurate positioning I use a Garmin GLO, they use the Glonas satellite system as well as the GPS system so you will always connect to more satellites and therefore see a more accurate position.

Then for overlaying it on my videos I use Race Render 3 (I think).

Example of the output, my old 1.6 Mazda engined MX5:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/X65c7dqve7A?feature=oembed

4. Listerofsmeg Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

i use trackaddict myself, seems alright, never going to be as good as a standalone, but it does the job and also does video as well....

5. Supercharged5 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Which one do you use? Trackaddict Pro? It seems that Racechrono is the most popular. Matt did you use it without the Garmin stuff? Is it much less accurate without that?

6. toudou juku Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yes, I used it with a QStarz GPS doodah first then the Garmin.

Did a test in my office, remained stationary with each of the three connections (internal GPS, QStarz and Garmin), internal GPS position wandered to the end of my back garden and out into the front street, QStarz position to the front and back of the house, Garmin position showed which room of the house I was in and didn't waver.

I wouldn't rely on internal GPS for valid track times, might be ok for adding a speedo to track vid though.

7. Supercharged5 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Smart test scheme, thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: Tuesday 31st Mar, 2015