General Where can I find this material?

Discussion in 'Lounge & Gossip' started by ess6boy, Tuesday 16th May, 2017.

1. ess6boy Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

I've been searching for a few weeks for a red suede or faux suede ( cheaper imitation ) and im having a lot of trouble getting the correct colour, most companies I've asked don't have it and i have quite a few samples here sent from various companies which is the wrong shade even though i have sent them the following pictures.

Does anyone know where i can find a shade of red that matches the recaro seats, something like this...

:Thumbup:

a1.
    a3.
    a2.

2. andy83 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom andy shropshire
  3. ess6boy Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

nice material but daam thats expensive, having never done upholstery theres a chance i'll balls it up a few times so really want a cheaper fabric, faux suede feels really nice and is about £8 per metre but i can't find it in the right shade of red

4. andy83 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

mate it is a tricky 1 I had a look at cheaper, but unsure wonder if there a fabric trim dye..
    Thanks
    Andy

5. MickyB Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

What is your intention? Are you fully refurbing everything or just matching up to the seats, because what you'll have to remember and is stated in the second link, is that in time fabric will fade so it will be difficult to match 100%.
    So you may not get an exact match.
    Have you looked for something like a fabric warehouse, I know in this area Yorkshire there's a lot of them about and they stock vast amounts of fabric etc in varying colours.

andy83 likes this.
  6. ess6boy Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

trying to retrim my EG doorcards and wanting something to match my recaro seats, i know something is out there thats close, it doesnt have to be exact but the samples I've been sent are way off and wouldn't look right. I would try fabric stores but i live in the middle of no where so its gotta be done online which is a pain when it comes to matching colours

honda_saj, MickyB and andy83 like this.
  7. ess6boy Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

bump, surely someones done this before on here? my doorcards are crying out for a facelift!

8. MickyB Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

andy83 likes this.
  9. ess6boy Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

I've checked out their website but can only see the alcantara and thats crazy expensive!

andy83 likes this.
  10. MickyB Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Sorry just realised @andy83 has already posted this link. Apologises

andy83 likes this.
  11. andy83 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

no probs @MickyB good minds think alike !!!

MickyB likes this.
  12. honda_saj Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom saj east london
    @ess6boy hope you get sorted soon keep us posted and some pics would be nice after work done :Smile:

13. ess6boy Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

will do if i ever find it in the right shade of red, it would annoy me every time i get in the car if the colours don't match!

14. honda_saj Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom saj east london
  15. ess6boy Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

surely someone can help with this material?? i have now got almost 10 samples from online sellers and all the same red, its getting really tiring waiting for the sample to arrive then its the same old sh!t

honda_saj likes this.
  16. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    Have you tried looking for it from USA sellers? Honda's have a bigger following there so bigger source of parts.

MickyB, honda_saj and andy83 like this.
  17. vincemince Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Can you positively identify the colour you need (read below ) by contacting recaro
    Explain to them what you are trying to achieve and the difficulty you are having finding a match
    Their technical dept. may give you some sort of ' standard ' colour code to look for
    Colours have spectrophotographic reflectance data so manufacturers can replicate the same colour
    A bit technical but it may be a way forward

Certified Color Standards | Fabric Color and Spectrophotographic Reflectance Data for Precise Color Communication | Color Solutions International
    Precise Color Communication

Certified Color Standards are the combination of a visual reference fabric and a master electronic standard in the form of spectrophotographic reflectance data. The measurement conditions are determined by the Brand or Retail Program Account and are typically stored in a QTX formatted file.
    The 2 X 8 inch visual reference fabric is individually quality controlled to be within ∆E 0.50 CMC 2:1 to the master electronic standard.
    Each visual reference is given a serial number which is unique and traceable to that individual specimen.

MickyB and honda_saj like this.
  18. Bounder Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ireland Huan County Cork
    Have you tried looking for Alcantara in red?
    UK hides sell it according to their website.
    Alcantara - UK Hide

MickyB and andy83 like this.
  19. ess6boy Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Seems to be more on ebay.com than uk so il check it out some more, seems a pain having to ship fabric from the states when surely someone in UK will do it

Will leave this as a last resort but might be a good idea, wonder if recaro would even reply or give that information out

Just sent them a email for a price, bet its guna be expensive!

andy83 likes this.