General Which Phone

Discussion in 'Lounge & Gossip' started by hikeifulike, Monday 16th Apr, 2018.

1. hikeifulike Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Gary Swindon
    Hi Peeps
    As a matter of interest, which phone does everyone have connected to your 2007 2.2 Diesel Accord's Bluetooth?
    I have a Sony Z3 and my HFT, does not find it to connect.

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    When was the last time HFT was working ? in my opinion all facelift HFT unit would be blown by now.. as their shelf life in 9 years.if you don't unplug the HFT unit it will cause a parasitic drain on your cars battery leaving your with a dead battery.

andy83 likes this.
  3. hikeifulike Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Its a long story, but my HFT, comes on, and I cleared it, then I tried to pair it, but it couldn't link to my phone.
    So after much research, I took it out, blew it out, put it back, and it did the same, only this time it spoke German.
    So I ordered another from a breakers, installed that, and it was completely dead, there was no response to pressing the buttons on the steering wheel.
    Again I installed the original one, and tried to pair it, but it won't find my phone, so Im thinking my phone isnt comparable, and I don't know anyone to try theirs... so I thought I would ask on here who has what.

4. Hondalad Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

England Steve Derbyshire
    I have a Oneplus 3 and my wife has a Oneplus 5. It used to work with a Samsung Galaxy S6 too that she had. This is on a 58 plate Civic EX.

What android version are you running? I had a lot of trouble when I moved from Android 6 to 7, it wouldn't find my phone. As soon as I moved to Android 8 it found my phone easily again.

5. hikeifulike Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I'm running 6.0.1.
    I don't think I can upgrade the version though, or can I?

6. Hondalad Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

England Steve Derbyshire
    It seems that Sony didn't let the Z3 upgrade to android 7. I'm thinking now that maybe it was 6 that I had a problem with. I came from a Nokia Lumia windows phone which worked fine with it and then when I switched to my Oneplus it didn't work. It wasn't a big deal because I only drive it every now and again.

You can flash custom firmware onto your device but if you're not that tech savvy you can end up knackering your phone.

Do you know anyone with an android that runs 7 or higher?

7. hikeifulike Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I need to check my friends phone. Thanks for ur input as well. I would be interested in upgrading my Android if you know how?
    - - - Updated - - -
    My wife's is a Sony Z5 running 7.1, that doesn't work either.

8. Hondalad Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

England Steve Derbyshire
    Does it go through the motions of asking you to pair?

I've noticed on the Civic that it connects better if you have your Bluetooth on before turning your ignition on. I've just been out in it and thought I'd turn my Bluetooth on before I set off and the car didn't connect the whole way which was about 15 minutes . When I came back out of the shop and got back in the phone had connected even before the satnav had booted up.

9. hikeifulike Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yip, tried all that. It goes through all the motions, but won't find the phone.

10. Sphinx Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I have a samsung Galaxy A3 - running android 6.0.1 and it works ok with my HFT (with built-in satnav) - if that helps.

Make sure you phone is set for discovery - otherwise it won't find it.

Hondalad likes this.
  11. hikeifulike Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Now that's interesting, I also have SatNav, I really need to test another phone don't I.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

12. Sphinx Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Also try this : (it will vary from phone to phone)

Clear Bluetooth Cache – Android
    • Go to Settings.
    • Select “Application Manager”
    • Display system apps (you may need to either swipe left/right or choose from the menu in the top right corner)
    • Select Bluetooth from the now larger list of Applications.
    • Select Storage.
    • Tap Clear Cache.
    • Go back.
    • Finally restart the phone.

Make sure you don't have any other "WiFi/Bluetooth Manager / Power / Battery saver" type Apps installed - as this will interfere with the operation.

13. hikeifulike Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi
    Just cleared all cache on both my wifes Z5 and my Z3, and we can pair both phones to her 2010 Accord, but alas my 2007 does not pair. So I am giving up before I punch the hell out of my dash, and Im thinking of getting the bluetooth xcar link. but need to save some pennies first.