Will 15" 7j wheels on 165/50/15 tyres look stupid on em2?

Discussion in '7th Generation (2001-2005)' started by JACKULA, Thursday 13th Jun, 2013.

1. JACKULA Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hey guys

Recently bought a 51 plate em2. Before this i had a 97 EJ coupe which i had bought 15" 7j wheels for wanting to get the tyres stretched on, i was told a decent stretch on these wheels would be 165/50/15s

Just wanted to know what peoples thoughts were on putting these in the em2??

Ill be getting a build thread up soon

Cheers in advance
    I.e will the car have a ridiculous arch gap? And if i lower my coils to remove the arch gap will i be scrapping everywhere I go?? Haha thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 16th Jun, 2013
  2. graham27 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

15s will be crap on it never mind ones with stretched tyres

3. Tahir Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Stretched?

Why?

4. Jack15 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Put it this way... im on 18s and im not even that low and my em2 scrapes on the odd speedbump or steep car park ramp. In my opinion i don't think 15s suit the em2, with stretched tyres youll have to lower it a lot to get rid of your canyon sized arch gap. Its your car but if your lookin for that stretched and slammed look id go for 17s

5. BlackBen Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

i had 15's on my EK with 165/45/15's on and they looked to small, and i was running very low at one point..

don't bother lol. 16/17s IMO, nothing less. 17's with stretch tbh. 

6. Jack15 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

totally agree

7. RapeyMcRaperton Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

[​IMG]

165 on 8j.

looks dodgy as :tut: and im scared to go fast. 

8. JACKULA Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

haha okay guys,so I guess it means selling these wheels and getting on the scout for a new set,but I love them so much ahaha

9. Diz Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Way too small for an EM2 bud, and too narrow a tyre. EM2 wheel arches are pretty big, I've got stock 16" alloys on mine with 205 width tyre and even those look lost in the arches, 17's would be ideal.

Last edited by a moderator: Monday 17th Jun, 2013
  10. civtegra Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I've ran 165/50/15's on 15x7j wheels before, yes there will be a lot of stretch and you will ruin your cars handling and ride comfort.

The only reason I went for those tyres was due to my wheels having a very low offset that required stretch & camber adjustment to clear the arches.

Personally on an em2 they they might look ridiculous, but then it's upto you on the look you're going for, if you're going to go low enough to warrant the fitment/stretch/fitment.

what wheels are they, and have you tried photoshopping them onto you EM2?

Last edited by a moderator: Monday 17th Jun, 2013
  11. JACKULA Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yeah mate I reckon I'm gonna have to sell these and get a set of 17s then, I'm just scared I will look really high off of the floor and not have that slammed look aha

Cheers for advice pal, they are bbs rs reps, I originally bought them for my ej6 coupe but the car is in honda heaven

I haven't tried photoshopping them pal but I'm trying to sell them now to fund some 17s

Haha that looks sweet though

Last edited by a moderator: Tuesday 18th Jun, 2013
  12. JACKULA Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Just found a set of 17x7.5 fronts and 17x8.5 rears

Will this make for a nice staggered fitment?

And does anybody know what ET I would want to get these in for them to sit flushish? Aha

Cheers guys for helping oit a novice

13. typer andy Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Aint em2 mostly parts from the ep chassis if I remember right.

Have you ever seen 15s on a ep.

As people have said 17s will look good.
    Do you know the offset of the wheels you have found? That will be a major issue with the wider wheels

14. JACKULA Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yh 15s are being sold,17s are being bought once the 15s sell

The offset can be picked says the seller

But i don't know what will be to wide and what will be to skinny

Maybe 25 fromt and back as they are staggered already??

15. BlackBen Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

i honestly don't think you could get an em2 low enough to pull off stretched 15's. its quite a task on an EK tbf. em2's have much bigger arches to fill. maybe 15's with 195 50's or something but not with stretch IMO