General windy again

Discussion in 'Lounge & Gossip' started by candobill, Thursday 26th Dec, 2013.

1. candobill Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

that's the roof tiles starting to fly off again, guess what I am dong tomorrow :Sobbing:

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    The fence is down yet again!! time for concrete post bottom plinth and slatted wood fence.

3. candobill Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

you might be better growing a hedge :GoodJob:

4. Dave Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Glad I'm off work and not out and about in the lorry doesn't worry me when I'm fully loaded but when you have an empty trailer it's pretty hairy!

Ichiban likes this.
  5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Seen so many empty curtain sided lorries with their curtains held back .. Looks so bizarre but needs must I suppose.

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Which hedge grows overnight mate .. I want those beans lol

7. candobill Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

aint you ever saw jack and the beanstalk m8 his beans were extra fast growing, I tried ebay but can't find them:Happy::Happy:

8. Dave Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yeah I'm quite lucky we only run at just over 13' as we pull foreign trailers and as there foreign they also have wooden boards in them so the wind doesn't manage to push the curtain in as much so just get as much tension on it as possible it still blows you around. Even running solo is scary as the cabs are on air you get rocked about loads.
    image.

9. candobill Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

had a look at my roof today it wasn't too bad, a ridge tile came down but hit a couple of tiles. Easy enough when ( or if ) the wind dies down :Thumbup:

10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Dave why don't the English lorries have that set up then ?

11. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Are you bothered bud with the windfall you have just landed.. you can get your feet up and smoke a few Montecristos.

12. candobill Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

I got my feet up the ladder and sorted it yet again m8 will open the litre of grouse soon :Happy::Happy:and toast the post code lottery hic hic:Happy:

13. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    A litre of grouse blimey we have a seasoned power drinker :beer enjoy the proceeds mate!

14. candobill Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

I will make it last till bedtime :Happy::Happy:

15. AccordCU2 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Good man.I am just starting to attack a bottle off Grey Goose le citron..

16. MickyB Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Well I wish we had been as lucky!!! 0815hrs on Friday morning we were rudely awakened by a crash and rumble on the roof. When we looked out of the window we saw that a number of ridge tiles had become dislodged and came crashing and sliding down and off the roof the only problem being that between their flight path and the landing strip sat my daughters Renaultsport Megane!!!!! Yes you've guessed some struck the nearside rear breaking the light lens and damaging the bodywork. We went outside and saw that one tile remained balanced on the guttering I told my daughter to move hr car we unfortunately missed the fragment that had struck the corner of the roof and as she closed her door the pressure caused the full panoramic glass roof to shatter!!!!! Totally gutted... Well the bill for repairs is around £2000 to cut a long story short my house insurance would not cover under the liability insurance, her car insurance excess would mean she has an at fault accident even though she was still in bed... Luckily I had these three tiles rebedded around July time so I contact him and he came out and said that he would make good the house damage free as his work is guaranteed for 5 years?? He had no explanation as to why these tiles had come off. So I thought its a long shot so I contacted a solicitor through my union explained all to him and then hey presto it's very simple Mr B he said. Because the builder has apologised to your daughter for the damage and can give no valid reason as to why the tiles came off and the fact that his work carries a guarantee and he's doing the house repairs for free point to the fact that HE is liable for any damage which is caused by faulty workmanship, products he uses etc etc so his actions really point to his guilt so you must contact him and ask for his liability insurance details.(I think he was expecting a call at some point) he tried to talk his way round it till I mentioned the solicitor then he changed his tune and gave me his insurance details which have been passed to my daughters insurers.... The car is currently in for repair so now we just have to let the insurance companies sort this out. She may have to pay her excess and claim it back through the insurance system but hopefully all will be sorted and she will have a non fault claim so no increase at renewal.