Aftermarket Kit Witter tow bar

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by motorbikelover, Sunday 10th Jun, 2018.

1. motorbikelover Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom david mee mansfield notts
    hi just fitted a witter tow bar to the accord.realy easy to do can recommend this product as a good diy job.

Attached Files:

andy83 likes this.
  2. Bounder Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ireland Huan County Cork
    I fitted the same, easy job for sure just the wiring is a pain in the hoop hidden behind the panels in the drivers side.
    I also snapped one of the studs off that sit horizontally at the back, I can't see it making a huge difference but just to be aware that it is possible to break them easily.

3. motorbikelover Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi i cheeted a bit with the wireing I tapped in to the loom near the spare wheel well and took fly leads from os indicator.i do have one problem and that’s the reverse sensors the 2 centre ones are picking up the tow ball giving a faulty reading took ball off it ok put back fault again so I may have to disconnect the 2 centre sensors. Just glad I did not have to drill in to the spare wheel well to fit the bar as mine is full of lpg tank.

4. Bounder Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ireland Huan County Cork
    Well I don't have to worry about mine any more, my car was hit from behind today. I'd say its a writeoff.
    The tow hitch was bent back into the bumper, roof is bent down on the O/S and boot smashed so it won't open or close.
    Hard to find one of these in good condition now.

5. motorbikelover Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Bin there done that lorry hit me after I stopped at a junction pushed me 15 feet in to traffic on the A614 luckily they all missed me got bad whiplash.car was wrote off but I bought it back and repaired it best car I ever had. Hope your ok just see how you feel tomorrow because it takes a day before the pain realy gets hold.if the roof has gone that’s the end they wrote my friends 4 year old focus of for a back pumper and paint damage to the rear 1/4.maybe time to move on to a 8th Generation.

Bounder likes this.
  6. Bounder Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ireland Huan County Cork
    IMG-0949.JPG IMG-0951.JPG IMG-0952.JPG IMG-0954.JPG IMG-0955.JPG
    Roof is not bent but both rear quarter panels are buckled so the rear doors won't open.
    Looking at 8th Gens now.:no:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. motorbikelover Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yep that bent time to empty the clove box and check under the back seat found a £300 ring under mine when I bought it.

8. andy83 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom andy shropshire
  9. Bounder Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ireland Huan County Cork
    All feels fine at the moment, I was pissed off TBH, I could see it happening as he approached me from behind, I'd estimate 40mph impact.
    That car was in great nick, dusty so it doesn't show well but mechanically its perfect, plus a set of Michelin Pilot Sport4 with only 5k on them.
    I have cleared the glovebox and removed the air compressor but left the spare wheel.
    Sad now.

andy83 likes this.
  10. motorbikelover Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Get your whiplash claim ready I got £5000 + expenses for mine but I still have trouble to this day. If you are and you have legal cover on your insurance they will do it all. I was with Churchill at the time and they were brilliant ( got me a new Honda Civic loan car within 2 hours). First honda I ever drove.